Asthenia: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is asthenia - the reasons for its occurrence. Asthenia is a condition in which the body works out of last strength. A constant feeling of fatigue, exhaustion, increased fatigue is accompanied by irritability and tearfulness.
The reasons for the appearance of asthenia can be many: hereditary predisposition, transferred infectious diseases, dependence on some psychoactive substances or psychostimulants( the so-called "disco drugs").
Asthenia - the symptoms that should alert you
Pay attention to your health if for a long time you feel:
- Weakness and increased fatigue.
- Irritability and mood swings.
- Apprehensiveness, incomprehensible anxiety and impressionability.
- Photophobia and intolerance of loud sounds.
- Sleep disorders and concentration of attention.
- Unpleasant sensations in the body, which had not previously been observed.
Symptoms of asthenic syndrome
Asthenic syndrome is equally affected by people of all ages. With the development of this syndrome, the common manifestations of asthenia are accompanied by aching pain throughout the body and a feeling of exhaustion.
Modern medicine classifies the conditions that occur in the asthenic syndrome in the following types:
- Astheno-depressive syndrome. Violations of this kind can be the first stage in the development of serious neurotic depressions.
- Somatogenic asthenia. The cause of this asthenia can be infectious, oncological, endocrine, neurological and hematological diseases.
- Cerebrates( organic asthenia) .This asthenia manifests itself in organic lesions of the brain( trauma, encephalitis or meningitis, cerebral circulation disorders).
- Vital endogenous asthenia. This type of asthenia usually occurs in young men aged 14-20 years. Psychiatrists believe that this type of asthenia can be a sign of the initial form of schizophrenia. Neurocirculatory asthenia. There are three types: neurocirculatory asthenia according to the hypertonic type, hypotensive and cardiac type. The classification is based on the signs of the disease( high / low blood pressure or heart failure).
Symptoms of childhood asthenia
Unfortunately, children are also affected by asthenia. As a rule, this is a hereditary predisposition, the presence of a weak nervous system. Such children form a kind of character( astheno-neurotic).From the very childhood you can notice that these children are very shy, tearful. Often children's asthenia is accompanied by enuresis and stuttering.
Asthenia in children during adolescence is accompanied by suspicion and constant irritability. They are especially hard at experiencing any conflicts and quarrels, they can completely get lost in unfamiliar surroundings. Asthenic children have a tendency to hypochondria.
Tips for parents of asthenic children
Children with this type of nervous system do not need to be overly stressed by mental work, it is necessary to provide them with a sparing regimen. It is necessary to make efforts to develop stress resistance in them. Any successes of such children must be noticed and encouraged.
Children with asthenia especially need confidence and support from adults. They need to make a clear schedule of the day, which is better not to change.
Therapeutic therapy and recommendations
Asthenic syndrome can be caused not only by severe overwork. Asthenia is a possible sign of many serious diseases. As a rule, with asthenia, some parts of the brain are damaged. Therefore, how to deal with asthenia, can only explain a qualified specialist.
The doctor, in addition to general recommendations for changing and improving the way of life, based on the general picture of the physiological condition of the patient, can prescribe the following types of treatment:
- Adaptogens. Medicinal substances of vegetable origin: lemongrass, eleutherococcus, ginseng, etc. The difficulty lies in the fact that such tinctures are difficult to dose, and their overdose can lead to increased excitability, sleep disorders, etc.
- Medications. Drugs are gradually accumulating in the damaged areas of the brain and normalize their work. There is an improvement in the biological rhythms of man.
This is important! Asthenia is not an ordinary fatigue. It should be taken very seriously. After all, this is the first signal of the central nervous system that serious problems have begun in the body. The general condition of asthenia indicates the strength of the depletion of the nervous system and the possible imbalance of nerve cells.