Treatment of wounds with folk remedies
May 08, 2018
The wound of is tissue damage, accompanied by a violation of the integrity of the skin or mucous membranes.
By the type of wounding gun distinguish wounds chopped, cut, bruised, chopped, torn, bitten, gunshot.
Stab wounds are applied with a stabbing tool( needle, bayonet, knife, etc.).Their characteristic feature is a great depth with a slight damage to the skin or mucous membranes, while deep-lying organs and tissues - vessels, nerves, hollow and parenchymal organs are often damaged. Such wounds are very insidious, as in the first hours they do not always give a strong symptomatology of organ damage;for example, with a stab wound of the abdomen, it is possible to injure the liver or stomach, but there is no secretion of bile or gastric contents due to a small amount of wound to the outside, everything is released into the abdominal cavity, and a detailed clinical picture occurs after a long time: there are severe symptoms of internal bleeding or peritonitis. Dangerous stab wounds are caused by the fact that a pathogenic microflora is introduced into the depths of tissues with a wounding weapon, and the wound detachment, without finding an outlet, acts as a good nutrient medium for it, creating favorable conditions for the development of purulent complications.
Cut wounds are applied with a sharp object, more often a knife, glass. These wounds are most favorable in terms of healing, since the number of destroyed cells is small, the edges of the wound are even;it gapes, creating good conditions for the outflow of contents, for the treatment of the wound.
Chopped wounds are applied with a heavy sharp object( saber, ax).They are characterized by deep tissue damage, wide gaping, bruising and concussion of surrounding tissues, which reduces their resistance, complicates processing, contributes to the more frequent development of infection.
Bruised wounds are caused by a wide wounded weapon of large mass or an object with a high speed. Their shape is irregular( tortuous, stellate), the edges are uneven. Usually observed with autotrauma, compression of heavy objects, blows with heavy blunt objects. The presence in the wound of a large number of bruised necrotic tissues makes these wounds especially dangerous with respect to infection. A variety of bruised wounds are lacerations and ripped-bruised wounds.
Scalped wounds - there is a detachment of the skin with subcutaneous tissue. Such wounds are dangerous because of shock, blood loss.
Bitten wounds are inflicted on pets( dogs, cats), rarely wild. Wounds of various forms, contaminated with saliva of animals. Especially dangerous are wounds after bites of animals sick with rabies.
Gunshot wounds differ from all other characters in the nature of a wounded weapon( bullet, fragment), the distance of the victim from the source of injury;in modern conditions when bullets with a displaced center of gravity are used - the extent of damage to internal organs, when one bullet hits several anatomical regions. Gunshot wounds have various characteristics( through, blind, tangents, etc.).
Wounds are divided into aseptic, infected and purulent. Aseptic are pure wounds, all the rest are infected. If there was a delay with the initial surgical treatment of the wound( later treatment, the absence of a surgeon, transport for delivery to the hospital), infectious complications develop.
Due to the circumstances of the application, the wounds are divided into surgical( operating) and casual( traumatic).
In relation to the body cavities( cavities of the chest, abdomen, skull, joints) distinguish penetrating and non-penetrating wounds. Penetrating wounds are more dangerous due to the possibility of damage or involvement in the inflammatory process of the membranes of the cavities and internal organs.
Depending on the anatomic wound substrate, wounds of soft tissues, bones, large vessels and nerves, tendons are distinguished.
Clinic .There are local and general symptoms. Local include pain, bleeding, impaired function of the affected organ, limbs. General symptoms: shock, infection, acute anemia, etc.
The diagnosis of injury is difficult only in the unconscious state of the victim and in multiple injuries, when part of the injuries can be viewed inattentive examination. The paramedic should determine the localization, the size and depth of the wound, whether there is damage to vital structures( on the extremities - trunk vessels and nerves, on the trunk - organs of the chest and abdomen, on the neck - trunk vessels, trachea, esophagus, on the head - brain damage).
In wounds in the back area, the patient is examined to establish damage to the spinal cord, nochek, in the perineal region - damage to the genitals, urethra, rectum.
It is important to determine the nature of bleeding from the wound: arterial, venous, mixed, since in the case of arterial bleeding, a hemostatic tourniquet should be applied to the limb;in the case of venous - a pressure bandage, since the tourniquet in this case will only intensify the venous bleeding. Unfortunately, not only the paramedic, but also many doctors act according to the scheme "bleeding - tourniquet", without hampering themselves with differential diagnosis of arterial and venous bleeding.
Blood in scarlet arterial bleeding is thrown out by a rather strong, often pulsating stream. When a large vessel is injured, a sound resembling a buzzing sound is heard. Here, of course, you need a tourniquet above the wound. With venous bleeding, the blood is dark, not pulsating, although it can also be poured by a stream, but of much less intensity. A weakly applied tourniquet will intensify venous bleeding;a very tight tourniquet will stop the influx of arterial blood, squeeze the nerve trunks, and the bleeding stopped in this way, threatens the necrosis of the limb. If the wound is deep, you can judge the nature of the bleeding as follows: gently wipe the wound with a swab, press it for a few seconds and remove. If the wound is instantly filled with scarlet blood - the bleeding is arterial, if it fills slowly and the blood is dark - venous.
Wound hazards are:
• bleeding with the development of acute anemia;
• development of wound infection;
• Ability to disrupt the integrity of vital organs.
First aid. For superficial wounds treatment with 3% hydrogen peroxide or furatsilin solution( 1: 5000);can
use a 0.5% solution of chloramine, a weakly solution of potassium permanganate. The edges of the wound are treated with a 2-5% solution of iodine, a sterile dressing is applied, the patient is sent to the emergency department.
For deep wounds with a bleeding, if it is arterial, a rubber tourniquet is placed above the wound, the time sheet of its overlap is indicated in the accompanying sheet. The tourniquet is imposed either on clothes or put a napkin under the wound for no more than 1.5 hours. If it is properly applied, the bleeding stops. If there is a delay with hospitalization, then after 1.5-2 hours the tourniquet is weakened by first applying a finger pressure on the vessel. The tourniquet is usually attenuated for 3-5 minutes. In winter, the tourniquet should be kept no more than 1 hour, relax after 30-40 minutes. The wound is treated with antiseptics( hydrogen peroxide, furacilin, chloramine).The edges of the wound are treated with a 5% solution of iodine, then a sterile dressing is applied. Immobilization of the limb with a tire is mandatory.
With venous bleeding, a pressure bandage on the treated wound, cold, elevated limb position.
A gauze cloth( not less than 8 layers of gauze) is applied to the wounds of the trunk, which is fixed to the skin either by the glue or by strips of adhesive plaster. Depending on the general condition of the victim( collapse, shock), appropriate measures are taken.
Analgesia - analgin solution 50% 2.0 ml intramuscularly, or baralgin, ketorol, a drug. Hospitalization on stretchers in traumatological, surgical or vascular departments, depending on the nature of damage to the organs and tissues.
In case of heavy blood loss, shock, coma, the patient should be hospitalized in the intensive care unit.
You can only touch the wound with clean hands .The wound is washed with boiled water with some disinfection - manganese, boric acid, etc. Small wounds should be washed and covered with fine boric acid and tied. Or soak a rag with pure alcohol, or aloe juice and tie.
If blood flows from the wound, without stopping, you need to wet a clean rag in boiling water and apply, the blood will stop flowing.
For large wounds, especially the head, you need to call a doctor. It is necessary only before the arrival of a doctor, without touching the wound with his hands, putting on it all the time clean rags, soaked in warm boiled water.
Wounds on the knee are very dangerous. If the bone is not affected, then it is enough to put a warming compress from alcohol or manganese. But if the cup is touched, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If the wound is from a peeled upper peel, then it is very painful, but not dangerous. In this case, alcohol or iodine should not be used, but it is necessary to lubricate with borate vaseline or, even better, rivanol ointment, then tie.
Adhering rags with blood or pus can not be ripped off, but you must always soak in warm water with disinfection. If the wound is rotten, an ulcer is produced, then it should be rinsed well, and then put a warming compress of alcohol or some disinfection. And if the house has aloe, then just tie a clean rag moistened with aloe juice to the wound, this juice very well cleans rotten wounds and heals them.
When wild meat begins to grow from the bottom of the ulcer( bright red mass), it is necessary to put a lotion of alum or oak bark on this meat( a teaspoon into a glass of water).The lotion should be changed four times a day until the meat disappears. And then heal the wound, as usual.
If the wound has become wet, then it is good to sprinkle it with a mixture of alum and charcoal. But with rotting of large and deep wounds, you should consult a doctor.
If the body suddenly begins to blacken around the wound, there will be fever, pain, weakness in the whole body, while the blackened place will remain cold to the touch and insensitive to touch, it is signs of gangrene, that is, the necrosis of this part of the body. It is necessary immediately to address to the doctor as to rescue from death at a gangrene it is possible or probable only amputation. While on the wound put rags soaked in warm water, and inside to maintain the strength to give alcohol. When the limb is struck, then keep it elevated. If the doctor for some reason does not( or will not come soon), then we must try to suppress the gangrene itself, for which we burn out the blackened spot with a hot iron( nail), as it is done with a snake bite.
When you have to wash dirty wounds from engine damage, you first need to wash with gasoline or turpentine( moistening cotton wool) the circumference of the wound, and then the wound itself. Then apply a bandage. The stronger the discharge from the wound, the more often it needs to be bandaged, each time washing the carbolic solution or the mercuric chloride solution( 1: 1000), generally with some disinfection, then sprinkle with anything, as indicated above, with a soft gauze, cotton, andto bandage.
From abrasions on the feet, friction of shoes, blisters on the heel, it is good to make warm foot baths, then apply boric ointment, tie. Or order in a pharmacy such a very good ointment: wheat starch and glycerin - 15 g, pure tar - 4 g.
It is useful to have turpentine water for washing wounds in the house, which is prepared as follows: two tablespoons of purified turpentine for a bottle of digested water. This bottle should be shaken for a week, then used to wash the wounds, topping each time with boiled water.
1. Cover the wound with clean, very finely ground dry coffee. He stops the blood and heals.
2. Skin and muscle wounds are covered with fine powder from nettle: it is necessary to pour leaves and stems with alcohol for five days, then take it out of alcohol, dry and powder into powder. A wonderful tool.
3. Also good powder from the root of the plant air.
4. It is possible to tie to a dirty wound grated fresh carrots, it cleans well.
5. Rotting wound is sprinkled with powder from charcoal.
6. On a stubbornly non-healing, but not rotting wound, put clean, ordinary lead paper ( as from under tea) and bandage. The wound quickly heals.
7. The blood on the wound is gently soaked with acidic cabbage.
8. When gangrene appears, a thick layer of blackened( rye) chewed with salt is applied to the affected area and knotted. So a few days.
1. Air swamp.
Powder from rhizomes sprinkled with festering wounds and sores. The rhizomes of ara are used and mixed with other medicinal plants.
2. Aloe vera is a tree. Applied externally with aloe juice in the form of lotions and irrigation of wounds.
Fresh mashed leaves are applied to abscesses and purulent wounds in a thick layer.
4. Cocoa spear( goose-paw).Fresh and dried leaves are used externally as a healing agent for purulent wounds, long-healing ulcers, abscesses. In this case, the leaves of cocoa are superimposed on a sore spot( the dried leaves are pre-heated with boiling water) and bandaged.
For purification and healing of purulent wounds apply fresh juice of berries in the form of lotions.
6. Carrots sowing.
Grated carrots are applied to inflamed skin areas, purulent wounds.
7. Common lilac. Fresh leaves are applied to the diseased area.
8. The horsetail of the field.
Decoction of herbs used for compresses with festering wounds( a tablespoon of chopped herbs pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 30 minutes over low heat, strain).
9. Bilberry ordinary.
Leaf infusion is used for external treatment of wounds.(1 teaspoon of chopped leaves brew a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes on a hot plate, strain).
Squeeze the juice from a fresh plant, apply on the wound( anoint).Stops bleeding and heals the wound. It heals well old wounds, festering sores. In winter, the same effect is applied napar from dried flowers with an admixture of 1/3 by weight of the flowers of chamomile pharmacy.
In the summer in a field or wood to break a yarrow, knead it or chew and superimpose on a wound. Change the grass several times a day. The wound heals in 3-5 days.
11. Stinging nettle.
Squeeze the juice from the nettle, anoint the wound, moisten the rags and bandage the wound. You can stretch the leaves to juice and apply. It is good to mix the juice of nettle in half with the juice of the bedstraw, wash it with a mixture of wounds and apply cloths.
12. Resin-gum of coniferous species( cedar, fir, pine, spruce).In the forest, "one of the finest means for wounds and cuts is on the march, grease wounds, ulcers, cracks, splits, grease every day, healing comes on quickly
13. Cut a piece of aloe cactus leaf and attach one of the halves to the wound or cut
14. Apply a compress from the tincture of the nettle leaves, after washing the wound, fill the bottle with almost up to the top with leaves of fresh nettle, then top up with 70-degree alcohol, plug it and insist on sun for 2 weeks
15.SameStep into half a dozen alcohol with shellac and add a fresh cut or wound to this mixture, then stop the wound immediately, then bandage the wound and pour the bandage with the same liquid. To keep the bandage for 4 days Even very large cuts heal in 4 days
16. Mushroom raincoat(grandfather's tobacco). The white fungus body has a strong wound healing and hemostatic property. Cross the fungus, put the inner flesh to the wound. The bleeding stops, and the wound heals quickly, without suppuration. The dusting of wounds by ripening spores acts in the same way as the fungus's flesh. Disputes are well preserved when stored, without losing their healing properties.
Fresh crushed leaves of various plantain species are used for wounds, bruises, burns as a hemostatic and anti-inflammatory agent. Applied and biting insects. Crushed to juice leaves are applied to the affected area, changing the bandage in 2-3 hours. Grind and mix equal parts of the leaves of plantain and yarrow. Apply as an external remedy. Change the bandage 2-3 times a day.
18. Medunitsa. Fresh leaves to grind to juice, superimpose on a wound, a cut, an ulcer, an abrasion, to bandage. Change twice a day. Among the people, lungwort is considered one of the best wound-healing remedies.
19. Novikova fluid. Pharmacy preparation. Lubricate the wound once a day. Healing occurs quickly. Heals wounds, ulcers, cuts, long unhealing.
20. Resin-gum of coniferous species - 100 g. Salo pork interior, unsalted - 100 g. Beeswax natural-100 g.
All put in a pan. If the resin is dry, grind into powder. Boil on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring all the time. Remove foam from the surface. Remove from heat, when it becomes warm, put everything in a glass jar. Keep refrigerated. Wash the wound with lime water.1 tablespoon of quicklime to 1 liter of water. Let it brew for 5-6 hours, drain the water. This water rinse the wound. Thin layer to spread a cloth with the prepared mixture, put on a sore spot and bandage. After 1-2 days, change the bandage. Wounds heal quickly.
21. Honey natural bee - 80 g. Fish oil - 20 g. Xerform - 20 g.
All carefully mixed. The ointment is applied to the cleansed wound or ulcer in the form of a bandage. Change once a day. It is used for treatment for long-term non-healing wounds , ulcers, fistulas. Store in a cool place.
22. Half a cup of quicklime pour cold boiled water. Insist a few hours. Drain the top infusion in another bowl. Take vegetable oil as much in volume as it is infused. Boil the oil on low heat for 10 minutes, remove from heat. When it becomes warm, like fresh milk, pour lime infusion into it and mix well, lubricate this wound composition and apply cloths soaked in the same compound to wounds and bandaging. Change daily. Wounds heal quickly.
23. People's remedy. Wound, rinse the ulcer with alcohol. Cut the ripe wheat spikelet with a small end of the straw. Turn it with the end of the ear to the wound and gently cross along the wound 3 times. Do this 3 times a day: in the morning, in the middle of the day and in the evening, each time cutting a new spikelet. And so do 3 days, spending 9 fresh mature spikelets. The remedy will seem ridiculous, but there are bleeding, suppuration and a few days later the wound heals.
24. Sprinkle the diseased areas with ash left over after burning linden or willow. Do powders twice a day.
The popular way to treat gangrene and abscesses
Do the readers know that the doctors of Russian traditional medicine saved dozens and tens of thousands of hands and feet, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of fingers and toes, from amputation( with gangrene)?
Doctors with gangrene almost always resort to a knife. In the case of gangrene and abscesses, the healers of Russian folk medicine use the following remedy.
Take black, freshly baked, preferably rye bread and, after having salted it, thoroughly chew. Sore place is covered with a thick layer of chewed bread and salt and bandages. This remedy is true and unusually strong.
Several Russian doctors of official medicine tried to improve this "wild" way of folk healers by eliminating chewing bread. To the black bread and the salt of the doctor, they tried to add something from the apothecary's wisdom, which, in their opinion, should replace the chewing of bread. All such attempts did not lead to anything. When chewing bread and salt are mixed with saliva, and the latter, apparently, plays an important role in treating gangrene and abscesses.
Although the described folk remedy is strong and reliable, nevertheless in most cases it is necessary to go to the doctor, for the gangrene is a very serious thing. ..
Unforgettable. .. In the thirties, a Russian lady in San Francisco had a malignant abscess on her finger thatsoon passed into gangrene. The finger began to turn black, and a sick Russian doctor advised the operation and. .. amputation of the finger. The operation was scheduled two days later at ten in the morning. Unhappy lady with tears in her eyes began to call all her friends by phone. .. For her happiness, one of them knew the above-described remedy for gangrene, and the lady immediately began treatment with this remedy. On the day of surgery, the doctor sterilized and boiled all surgical supplies. Removing the bandage from the patient's finger, the doctor was amazed at the wonderful metamorphosis: the patient's finger was white "instead of black."Definitely stating that the operation is completely unnecessary, the doctor became interested in the way of treatment. The lady willingly told.
In the author's secret archive there are several recipes that are as effective as the remedy described above, but these remedies can not be placed in the medicine room due to the fact that preparing the medicine requires a lot of experience, knowledge and skill. The philistine in most cases will not be able to properly prepare this remedy and. .. as a result, amputation of the entire hand instead of a finger or a foot instead of a toe, etc.
Some powerful witch doctor's white and yellow exhaust plasters also often cure infected wounds, malignant abscesses and gangrene, among them - the means of this clinic( see funds from wounds and cuts).In the author's secret archive, there are also more potent exhaust plasters, but, as said above, they require great accuracy both in the selection of the quality of the constituent parts and in the very skillful preparation.
1. 4 teaspoons of crushed leaves or fruits raspberries brewed 2 cups of boiling water, drain. Drink half a cup 4 times a day. Infusion of fruits should be taken only in a warm form.
2. Lubricate the boils of with gum. Recovery occurs within 2-3 days.
3. Tibetan "black plaster". 50 g of black economic soap grate, add as much rye flour, tablespoon vegetable oil and a tablespoon sugar. The resulting mass of pour 3/4 cup of boiling water and 2-3 minutes to cook, adding 1 church wax candle ( fuse removed).The bandage with this mass is changed daily. Until full recovery is two weeks. At first, pain can not be ruled out. This famous Tibetan "black plaster" is used not only for the treatment of boils, but also for breasts, kostoedges, abscesses, boughs of the udder, etc.
4. Sleep on mattresses stuffed with fresh fern leaves helps to heal the most severe forms of salt deposition,gout, articular rheumatism, arthritis and spondylosis.
5. Pine grease helps with the lubrication of wounds. Healing occurs in three days. Zhivitsa is useful in case of gastric ulcer, if taken in small portions.
6. Long-healing wounds should be tied with earthworms. You can put the skin of a frog.
7. A very effective remedy for wounds and abscesses: ointment from pork( internal) fat and naphthalene( 2: 1).
8. In cases of inflammation of the abrasion, it should be sprinkled with Ashen worm ash.
9. When burns to a sore spot, apply finely grated carrots. Or put the raw yolk on a hot frying pan. The yolk burns out - there is an oil, which, as experience shows, is the best remedy for burns. Or stir the fresh egg yolk with a tablespoon of butter, apply the mixture on a clean gauze and apply it to a sore spot. The pain will immediately pass, and soon the wound will be tightened.
1. When eczema 1 tablespoon burdock root and the same amount of dandelion root pour 3 glasses of water and insist night. In the morning, infuse the boil for 10 minutes. Take half a cup 3-4 times a day.
2. Decoction of the dried bark of a young willow. The broth is used for compresses and bandages.
3. Folk healers also use this method: they set fire to a willow branch over a plate, where resin leaves the burning branch. It is also covered with eczema.
4. 6 pounded in a mortar spoonfuls of viburnum pour 3 cups of boiling water and infuse for 4 hours. Take half a cup 4 times a day.
4a. With lichens and.dry eczema apply compresses made from cranberry juice.
5. Wet eczema well sprinkled with flour from the flaps of shells of river shells, as well as flour from the so-called "devil's finger".
6. Take any newspaper, roll it off, set it on fire and keep it over a cold plate. Smoke, condensing on a plate, forms a yellow gum. This resin needs to be lubricated by sores, it is possible and psoriasis.
7. For the treatment of lichens, folk medicine advises. Cut, grind schnapps or with raisins and rub it carefully. A positive effect is possible after the first rubbing.
8. Sick places with "milk" of any kind milking. The juice of this plant helps in the treatment, removal of various types of warts, ulcers, fungal nails.
9. Sore place should be rubbed garlic, and then rub birch charcoal in a mixture with fresh juice burdock root. The procedure should last up to half an hour.
10. For the treatment of certain types of fungal diseases of the skin, it is recommended to rub the sore spot of with lemon juice.
11. Wipe the garlic with and mix with fresh butter in a 1: 1 ratio. Mix the mixture on a sore spot and change it every day until recovery.
12. Legs with fungal nails parry in broth or infusion of milkweed. Sometimes the baths are made of strong coffee.
Fungus on the nails of the hands. Bulgarian healer Wanga advises: cook strong coffee and several times shake hands in it infusion, but do not shake up the sediment. This remedy also heals the fungus on the legs, relieves pain in the feet and ankles and helps to get rid of the thick, flaking skin on the heels. When the procedure is repeated several consecutive evenings the fungus completely disappears, the skin becomes smooth, and pain passes.
Fungus on toes. Well-washed feet immerse in strong wine vinegar. Sleep in clean socks soaked in vinegar. Or else: put your feet in cool water, which is dissolved in a tablespoon of baking soda and salt. Then rinse your feet with clean water.
She also gives another advice: crushed peppermint mixed with with salt and put between toes for about an hour. Repeat the procedure until the fungus disappears.
Such a wound can lead to infection of blood, gangrene and death. Boil 250 grams of alum in a liter of water, cool. Wash the wound twice a day until it is prolonged.
Make compresses from rastolchennoy wheat, cooked in wine or water. Apply compresses for a long time. Help and compresses made from gruel boiled beans or potatoes. Sore wounds should be washed with wine. Helps also rubbing with the consumption of fish oil.