Symptoms of abdominal aortic aneurysm and selection of treatment methods
Numerous studies of medical experts indicate that an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta proceeds without symptoms, as such, and is often determined by accident during preventive examinations or palpation of the abdomen for kidney, stomach or intestinal diseases. Often the detection of an aneurysm occurs during autopsy and as a result this factor does not contribute to death.
Recently, in connection with the active use of radiopaque antigraphy, which is relevant for diseases of the vessels of the lower limbs, digestive organs, kidneys, often an aortic aneurysm of the abdominal cavity is revealed quite by accident.
In connection with this trend, this procedure is increasingly being introduced into clinical practice along with nuclear magnetic resonance, computed tomography and beta scanning. Thus, nevertheless, there are certain clinical manifestations of the disease in question.
Signs and symptoms of aortic aneurysm
Symptoms of an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta:
- Aching, blunt pain to the left of the navel or in the mesodastrium
- Pulsating formation in the abdomen.
- Irradiation of back pain, sacrum, loins.
The nature of this symptom is quite diverse. The pain can be as blunt, aching, low-intensity, and acute, painful, requiring the taking of painkillers. Such pains can be regarded as acute sciatica, acute pancreatitis, renal colic.
Also, the symptomatology can be classified according to the types to which the abdominal aortic aneurysm is divided.
According to the asymptomatic treatment:
- Non-invasive diagnosis, accidental detection of the disease.
- No complaints.
According to the fieldless flow:
- Palpatory objective determination of pulsatile formation.
- Subjective sensation of a pulsating area in the abdomen. In this case, if an aneurysm of the aorta is detected, treatment should be started immediately.
According to the pain stage of the disease:
- Clinical symptoms of atypical nature
- Typical pains in the lumbar region and in the abdomen
- Soreness in the form of pulsatile formation.
According to the complication stages:
- Non-coronary artery embolization
- Breakthrough, rupture
- Threatening rupture
In this case, if an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta is detected at an early stage, treatment is the only way to eliminate painful symptoms.
Indirect symptoms of the disease
- Symptomatic complex of ischemia of the lower extremities. It manifests itself in the form of violation of trophic legs, intermittent claudication, which develops when the arteries of the lower extremities are activated.
- Ishioradicular symptomatic complex, which is manifested as a result of compression of the nerve roots of the lumbar spinal cord and spine. Characterized by lumbar pain and movement disorders in the legs.
- Urologic symptomatic complex, which is provoked by the displacement of the pelvis, kidney, ureter, violation of the passage of the kidney, pyeloectasia. This complex of symptoms is expressed in the form of attacks of renal colic, hematuria, dysuric disorders, a feeling of heaviness in the lumbar region and blunt pain.
- The abdominal symptomatic complex is caused by the involvement of the visceral branches in the stenotic process. It manifests itself in the form of constipation, vomiting, eructation, anorexia.