How to lower bilirubin in the blood without using medications?
Mar 07, 2018
In bile contains a special substance, which has a yellowish-brown color, called bilirubin. It is produced in the liver and is a product of the exchange of erythrocytes. When the blood cells are destroyed, bilirubin is released.
This pigment is present in the blood in two forms: indirect bilirubin, insoluble in water, which passes into the state of direct bilirubin, soluble in water, when it enters the liver. It is always present in the human body, this is the norm.
High concentration of bilirubin can be determined by the yellow color of the skin and sclera. The reasons for its high content may be different, and you need to find out. The pigment is removed along with the bile. With the normal functioning of the liver, it is excreted without a trace, but if there are any irregularities, it accumulates in the body, coloring the tissue in yellow.
A large concentration of bilirubin leads to intoxication of the body, as in such doses it is toxic. This in itself is not a direct disease, but a consequence of a certain disruption in the functioning of the body. It is very important to reduce its content in the blood. How to lower the bilirubin in the blood you will learn from our article.
To reduce the level of bilirubin in the blood requires a special approach, diet and a set of procedures. First, it is necessary to determine the cause of its excessive formation, with what it is connected. Can be associated with congenital pathologies, with heredity or acquired liver pathologies.
At a slightly elevated level, treatment is carried out through diet, healthy diet and methods of treatment with folk remedies.
Reduction of bilirubin using folk remedies
Treatment of increased bilirubin is carried out in parallel with the cleansing of the remaining organs of the bile excretory and digestive system. How to lower bilirubin folk remedies will tell folk medicine. To reduce it, you can use a soft cholagogue, which will promote an early outflow of bile and remove all the symptoms. A variety of herbal preparations are very suitable for this. It is impossible to allow much greater physical and emotional overload, to avoid various stresses and depression.
Infections also affect the body not in the best way and lead to additional intoxication of the body. This narrows the bile ducts, dyskinesia of the bile ducts appears and, as a consequence, elevated bilirubin.
In folk medicine there is a whole arsenal of means how to lower bilirubin in the blood with the help of herbs and fees:
- Motherwort. It not only has a calming effect, but also has a diuretic effect and a cleansing, and most importantly - reduces bilirubin. Prepare it as follows: a teaspoon of motherwort brew 300 ml of boiling water, put in a warm place for half an hour. Next, you need to strain and drink 3 times a day for a while before eating.
- Peppermint also has a sedative effect, but it also helps to lower bilirubin, cure the stomach and rid the kidney stones. Its cholagogue properties promote a good outflow of bile.
- By means of reception of St. John's wort, it is possible to perfectly clean the blood and strengthen the stomach. It has an antimicrobial effect. To make the infusion, you need to brew 2 tablespoons of St. John's wort with a glass of boiling water, insist 40 minutes, strain and consume half the glass two or three times a day.
- Chamomile is used in various modifications, its application is wide, it also treats inflammation in the body. To drink it in the form of water infusion is possible for children, it is harmless. You need to brew a tablespoon of flowers with a glass of boiling water and insist for half an hour. This glass should be drunk three times a day: before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Corn stigmas have properties that lower bilirubin in the blood, and they also purify the blood. What is it: these are green leaves surrounding the ear of corn. This is a very good tool. Hot water is poured 50 grams stigma, insist on a water bath for 20 minutes, then filter, cool and drink in small portions throughout the day.
The fees from these same herbs also help. Take in equal parts mint, St. John's wort, chamomile and motherwort, all this brew a glass of boiled water and take it twice a day.
Diet for lowering the level of bilirubin
Fresh beet juice is the best and nutritious. Beetroot is a very useful vegetable that helps to cope with various problems in the body. And the use of juice reduces the level of unwanted pigment. It removes toxins and radionuclides. Beet juice should be drunk before meals on a glass. It is better to take this vegetable from reliable producers so that it does not contain excess chemistry.
The diet is that you need to unload the liver, adjust its work. For this, stop eating fried and fatty foods, as well as spicy. As a result, resources will be freed to fight the underlying disease. Alcohol is also harmful to the liver, and it should be excluded.
Food should be steamed and consumed in cooked form. The couple is even better, because the products retain more useful substances than in cooked.
To dilute the blood, you need to consume more than two liters of water per day. It is better to drink purified or structured water.
An excellent remedy for improving kidney and liver function is watermelon. This berry gently removes all unnecessary substances from the body, cleaning it.
From the use of folk remedies one should not expect an instantaneous effect, it will manifest itself only a few weeks after the beginning of treatment.
Folk remedies are mostly safe, but do not rely on them alone. Consultation with a doctor is still required. Folk remedies are used as adjunctive therapy.Like the article? Share with friends and acquaintances: