Verbal aggression: how to cope in adults, adolescents and children
Mar 18, 2018
Recently, more and more often in the media, there are stories about the manifestation of cruel and inexplicable relationships in society. A lot of programs are shot about beating women, children, movies are filled with stories about negative influences on a person.
Where does all this come from, is the world so cruel that everything around has become so aggressive that it's simply impossible to fight it.
before you understand how to deal with it, you need to understand what it really is, to find the source of its occurrence.
Aggression is an individual's emotion on the actions and actions of another, it is aimed at harming, doing something bad. In the animal world, with the help of aggression, they defend their lives, establish their orders in the pack, this is such a peculiar behavior of the leader. And aggression verbal and non-verbal in human society can be a sign not of strength, but rather of weakness and defenselessness, the inability to correct something, to remake.
Kinds of aggression
1. Physical - when using a direct physical effect on another individual;
2. Indirect - the so-called hidden: gossip, whispering, bright flashes of anger. They are usually not aimed at a certain person, but on the situation as a whole;
3. Irritation - a person's state in constant excitability, it can simply turn into outbursts of anger;
4. Verbal - screaming, squealing, stomping with feet;
5. Negativism is an internal position, a denial of foundations, rules. All this happens within a person, outwardly it is not so clearly manifested, more passive.
All these types of aggression can be divided into verbal - it manifests itself externally, it can be seen( outbursts of anger, screams, profanity), and non-verbal is latent aggression, it is not visible, it is possible to face such aggression only when it grows into a verbal, that is, it comes out.
Lately, verbal aggression in adolescents has become more common.
Reasons for the occurrence of
• The desire to get something here and now, impatience;
• So teenagers try to lead, become the leader of the company;
• Self-asserted, showing what physical capabilities they have;
• Attempt to attract the attention not only of peers, but also of adults, parents, especially if there is no such attention;
• Sometimes even revenge for outcast feelings or the fact that it was not chosen as a leader.
Teenagers often encounter aggression on themselves in those cases when there is boundless love for adults, and those in turn have too high demands on the child. Often the child feels incomplete, unworthy of his parents, and here the first signs of such a phenomenon as verbal and physical aggression appear.
How to cope with verbal aggression
One of the most correct ways to combat aggressive behavior of a child is a personal example. If there are no manifestations of aggression in the family, scandals or screams do not happen, or this is done not in the eyes of the child, then there will be no one to imitate him.
If it happened that the child began to show aggression, then it is impossible to react to it with a fleeting and equally aggressive response. This is fixed in the child's subconscious, he sees that parents behave the same way, and then repetitions of such behavior are ensured.
But you can not turn a blind eye to this behavior. Children feel impunity very quickly, and then this lump will be even more difficult to untangle.
The main method of combating aggressive behavior is prevention, positive emotions, friendly relations in the family. The more loving people surround a child from infancy, the less he is yelled at and scolded only for the cause, and not for every petty cause, the less aggression the child will have in adolescence and in adulthood.