How to choose a sunblock - choose sunscreen
Mar 05, 2018
Summer is not only a sea of pleasures, but also a serious test for the skin of many people. After all, everyone perceives the sun's rays in different ways. Some easily acquire a bronze shade of the skin, others simply burn instantly and get sunburn.
That's the problem, how to choose a safe tanning agent.
Why use sunscreens
The effects of ultraviolet rays affect the condition of the skin of a person. Over time, it loses its elasticity, grows old early, it becomes dry. In part, nature itself took care of man, about his natural protection from harmful exposure. Pigment melanin, contained in the upper layer of the skin of each person, performs a protective function. So, than a person's skin is darker, the more melanin is contained in it, and, hence, he has less chance of getting a sunburn. But not always enough natural protection for the active sun. Then resort to the help of special means for sunburn. They absorb part of the ultraviolet rays, stimulating the formation of melanin. Means for sunburn a lot: sprays, emulsions, creams, all sorts of oils. It is important to know how to choose the tanning agent correctly, given the type of skin.
The effectiveness of protection is indicated by the abbreviation SPF on the packaging, which means "sun protection factor".The more SPF, the more effective the degree of protection. It is also determined by skin type: light skin requires a cream with a higher protection factor. They are classified approximately as follows:
- SPF 5-10 - basic protection;
- SPF 10-15 - medium protection;
- SPF 20-30 - high protection;
Some manufacturers exceed the SPF factor when they write a greater degree of protection, for example, SPF 50 or even 100. Unfortunately, this is just an advertising trick. The maximum protection achieved in the laboratory is determined by the degree of SPF 32-35.
Determine the type of skin
When choosing a tanning agent, you need to know your skin phototype. Universally recognized in Europe four:
- Celtic type. Very white skin with a pinkish tinge, with freckles. This group of people include blue-eyed blondes and blondes and red-haired people with fair skin. Their skin does not tan, but literally burns. Without a cream in the sun, such people can stay for about 7 minutes. After that, you need to use the cream, lubricate all uncovered areas. The degree of protection of the cream is recommended not less than SPF 30.
- European( Germanic) type. Light skin, sometimes there can be freckles. Hair blonde. Eyes are usually green, gray or brown. Without cream in the sun, it is recommended not to be more than 15 minutes. On the beach in the first week, it is advisable to use a remedy, where the degree of protection is SPF 20-30.After that, the protection of SPF 10 is also suitable.
- Mixed type. A dark complexion of the skin. Eyes are brown, hair is dark brown. At them sunburn not such intensive, as a rule, golden or slightly chocolate shades. People with such skin can be under the sun without a cream for up to 30 minutes in an inactive sundial. First they can use a cream, the protection of which is SPF 15, and then - SPF 6-8.
- Mediterranean type. Such people have dark skin, dark eyes and hair. They easily carry the sun's rays. And they can sunbathe without cream for up to 40 minutes. A tanning agent for them is suitable with a low protection - SPF 6-10.
There is also a fifth, Indonesian type. People of this type have dark skin, black hair and eyes. They have a natural pigmentation is very high, so they do not need any tanning agents.
Among other things, sunscreens are divided into such types:
- Mineral( physical), the basis of them - natural components( oils, herbs, extracts).
- Chemical. The basis is a different factory synthetics.
Also in creams contain UV-filters of physical origin( reflect sunlight) and chemical( convert solar energy into heat, harmless to the body).The difference between these types of UV filters and creams is that the chemical sometimes causes an allergy, and the mineral harmless, easily transported by the lightest skin.
Many people know how to choose a tanning agent today. Manufacturers of these products offer a huge range of different creams, oils and emulsions. A safe tan can be provided to everyone.