Homosexuality( homosexual relations in men) - Causes, symptoms and treatment. MF.
Jun 30, 2018
Homosexuality is a violation of the psycho-sexual development of a man, which leads to the manifestation of sexual interest in the persons of his sex. Homosexuality should be attributed to the conditions associated with the violation of sexual identification - sexual divisions. As with mental illness, such as depression, phobias, obsessive conditions, specific therapy is needed. There is a notion that homosexuality is incorrigible, but homosexual behavior is acquired throughout life, and therefore is a reversible process.
Tom confirmed the words of the famous Dutch psychiatrist Johan Leonard, who wrote many scientific materials on the phenomenon of homosexuality: "For many years of my practice, I have never seen a healthy and happy homosexual, homosexuality is not a disease, it is just a symptom of a certain neurotic personality disorder."
Homosexual relations are not very strong - homosexuals often change their partners, because two people of the same sex can not give each other what gives a full relationship between a man and a woman. Patients with disorders of sexual identification do not seek for themselves permanent companions of life, they only try to translate their sexual fantasies into reality.
Causes of homosexuality
1. These are not born! Scientists have long tried to find the biological cause of sexual attraction to persons of their own sex, but the "gay gene" was not found. The experience with identical twins, which have the same genotype, showed that they had different sexual preferences.
2. Sometimes the development of the disease was preceded by voluntary homosexual contact in the past.
3. Sexual violence or rape in the past.
4. Infantilization and egocentrism are the breeding ground for the development of the disease.
5. Alienation from the father in early childhood contributes to the development of the disease, or if the father was hostile to other family members, committed violent acts, was an alcoholic.
6. The hostile attitude of the mother against other females predisposes to the appearance of signs of homosexuality in her child.
7. Too high expectations and excessive mother care leads to the development of the disease in boys.
8. If the mother wished for the birth of her daughter more than her son and transferred it to the subsequent upbringing of the child( instilled in the boy the interests of the other sex).
9. Sometimes the reason is that parents have raised in the child the wrong sexual identity( for example, same-sex parents).
10. Absence, for any reasons, of one of the parents during the formation of the individual( death or divorce).
Diseases in which homosexuality can be detected
In some cases, homosexual activity is combined with another psychiatric pathology:
- social phobia,
- severe depression,
- suicidal thoughts,
- dependence on surfactant( alcohol, drugs),
- reaction to traumatic experience.
Symptoms( signs) of homosexuality
- Interested in persons of their gender.
- Dislike of your gender.
- Preferences in role-playing games or fantasies to be the face of the opposite sex. Lack of masculinity, timidity.
- An alarming reaction and a strong aversion to team sports.
- No identification with peers of the same gender.
- Experiencing a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex.
- Sometimes they tend to walk in a gait, mimicry, gestures against women.
- Expressed homosexual activity.
- A tendency to engage in extreme forms of sexual behavior.
- Sale of sexual services for money( prostitution).
- Addiction and other addictions.
- Suffer from spiritual problems and remorse.
- Often jealous of their sexual partner.
- A tendency to create illusions about yourself.
- Patients are extremely shy.
- Well-groomed, interested in fashion trends, shopping.
- Features in the style of clothing( bright, tight, fashionable, shiny, open and so on).
- Do not treat your disease as a problem.
- Having a constant partner, continue to experience sexual attraction to other men.
Treatment of homosexuality
Attempts to treat homosexuals in modern society are considered acts of discrimination. This is a false opinion, since homosexuality( for example, as a skin color) is not innate. This phenomenon is the same as other immoral acts. The more internal moral disapproval of the disease, the greater is the guarantee that a person will be able to change. Homosexuality is a reversible process.
Many people managed to cure( change) - former patients are already married, have a family and live a happy life. The statement that "homosexual is forever homosexual" is a destructive myth.
For the successful treatment of a patient, several conditions must be observed. In the process of treatment, the patient's motivation is very important. A homosexual must decide to change his life: to do self-knowledge, to observe self-discipline, to reconcile with a healthy self-image of oneself. In turn, the doctor should treat the patient with compassion and understanding, and not with disgust. Since there are many reasons for the disorder, the methods of treatment are also different.
Methods of psychotherapy
Hypnosis. The essence of the method is that, under hypnotic exposure, the patient, as it were, reopens himself. The task of the psychiatrist - during the session to cause true feelings, such as courage, honesty, patience.
Replacement of one sexual activity of another - the entry into sexual relations with the person of the opposite sex, even if the patient is not married. Also, it is possible to masturbate using a sexual female image.
Therapy of maturation of personality. The psychotherapist helps the patient to understand where the emotional difficulties come from, which leads to the formation of sexual attraction to persons of the same sex. The purpose of therapy is to strengthen male identity and reduce sexual attraction to persons of the same sex, to help the patient to become a full-fledged person.
Group Therapy. Treatment with support groups facilitates communication, allows patients to better understand the problem, change their behavior. Therapeutic work helps participants to realize their emotional blockade and improve relationships with other people.
Individual psychotherapy. Helps uncover an unconscious motivation for homosexuality in a patient. Therapy requires time and concentration of the therapist on one patient. The goal of the treatment is to weaken homosexual tendencies.
Psychoanalytic therapy. The type of therapy involves observing a certain distance between the patient and the therapist. The therapist's task is to establish on a high professional level not verbal communication with the patient. The method reveals the patient's relationship with parents in childhood.
Corrective therapy. An important part of this method is the communication of the patient and the doctor in a friendly context.
Prevention of homosexuality
- Pediatricians, child psychiatrists and psychologists should know the symptoms of the disorder of sexual identity in children. Perform early diagnosis and appropriate prevention.
- Doctors and other health care professionals should familiarize themselves with the latest data that provide statistics on the successful cure of patients with homosexuality.
- Teachers are required to restrain the aggressiveness of children, forbid them to tease and ridicule their peers. On the part of the school - it is necessary to make demands on adolescents to meet the standards that are responsible for determining their gender.
If a child's emotional needs are correctly met by his parent, then the likelihood of developing an attraction to persons of the same sex is low. Children need affection, praise, love, both the parents' side and the brothers and sisters.
Doctor psychiatrist Kondratenko NA