Treatment of poliomyelitis folk remedies
May 28, 2018
Poliomyelitis harassed the ancient Egyptians in the 4th century BCad. The disease reminded the modern world of itself in the late 19th century, and in the early 20th century its viral nature was revealed.
What is polio: symptoms, causes, incubation period ^
Poliomyelitis is an acute infectious disease characterized by central nervous system damage and can lead to paralysis.
The risk of poliomyelitis is its severe consequences, which are associated with psychological abnormalities and mental disorders. The consequences of the transferred illness, as a rule, begin to appear after 30 years.
Poliomyelitis in children under 5 years of age is the most common phenomenon. For this reason, the ailment is often called "childhood paralysis".Despite this, there are cases of disease in adults.
The following forms of poliomyelitis are distinguished:
- is a pontine;
In addition, depending on the symptoms, the disease has a nonparalytic and paralytic form. The second is quite rare, only 2% of patients.
Causes of poliomyelitis
The poliovirus enters the human body orally, and then spreads throughout the digestive system. The causative agent of the disease is concentrated mainly in feces.
This intestinal virus can exist for a long time on fruits and vegetables, in sewage, in faeces. You can get infected with the disease through water, food products, and flies carry the virus.
Outbreaks of poliomyelitis infection are most often observed in summer and spring. The main reasons for the spread of infection include poor cleaning of water supply systems and sewerage, unsanitary conditions and non-compliance with hygiene rules, especially in children's institutions.
Symptoms of poliomyelitis
The incubation period is usually 7 to 12 days. There are four stages of poliomyelitis, each of which has the characteristic features:
- Preparalytic stage. It lasts from one to six days. The first symptom of the disease is an increase in body temperature, muscle weakness and lethargy. Digestive disorders begin, that is, constipation, diarrhea or vomiting. At the initial stage, poliomyelitis can be confused with conventional ARI.
- Paralytic. In the second stage, paralysis of the arms and legs often develops, the trunk can be affected.
- Recovery. This period of the course of the disease is characterized by the restoration of the motor activity of certain muscle groups.
- Residual. There are persistent paralysis of some muscles.
Polio vaccine will help prevent contamination. However, the procedure can be carried out only after consultation with a specialist and in the absence of contraindications.
The vaccine can be of two kinds:
- Polio drops that have a pink color. They are dripped to children for palatine tonsils or lymphoid tissue of the pharynx so that they do not feel unpleasant taste.
- Vaccine, packaged in syringes for injection.
Treatment of poliomyelitis folk remedies: home remedies ^
Treatment of poliomyelitis in children
Aloe is used to restore children who have already reached 5 years. Aloe extract is introduced into the thigh. The scheme of admission is as follows:
- 4 days - 0.5 ml daily;
- 25 days - 0.5 ml every 5 days;
- 28 days - one injection with an interval of 4 days;
- 8 days - as a prick every day.
After this course, you should take a week's break and complete the treatment, introducing the aloe extract for 14 consecutive days.
Treatment of poliomyelitis in adults
During treatment of poliomyelitis, it is very important that cherry juice, fresh vegetables and fruits be present in the diet of the patient. They are necessary to improve immunity and reduce body temperature.
Treatment of vaccine-associated poliomyelitis
When a vaccine-associated form of the disease is identified, the patient must be isolated. Unfortunately, there is no drug or an effective folk prescription for complete healing. Doctors prescribe vitamins, amino acids, immunoglobulins.
Home treatment is only possible during the recovery period. It consists in conducting sessions of massage, physiotherapy exercises, physiotherapy and water procedures.
Treatment of poliomyelitis: strengthening of immunity
It is recommended to take a decoction of rose hips at all stages of the disease. With its help, the patient's condition improves significantly and immunity increases.
- It is necessary to pour a spoonful of rose hips with a glass of boiling water and insist for half an hour.
- Take three times a day for half a glass of medicinal liquid.
Aloe vera treatment
This recipe can only be used after consultation with a physician. Aloe - a medicinal herb that promotes the successful recovery of the nervous system.
- For adults, take 1 ml of aloe extract and inject into the thigh for two months.
- After the procedure should be lying down for another 20 minutes.
Treatment of poliomyelitis with celandine
During the acute stage of the disease it is recommended to use the juice of celandine:
- The celandine juice should be drunk daily, starting with one drop and increasing the dose every day up to 10 drops. It is desirable to dissolve the juice in milk.
If fresh raw materials are difficult to obtain, you can use dry grass:
- Take 50 g celandine, brew with 1.5 cups of boiling water, insist an hour and strain.
- Drink a tablespoon 4-5 times a day, pre-heating the broth.
Treatment of poliomyelitis with honey
Honey is an excellent product that helps to defeat many intestinal infections, including poliomyelitis. Traditional medicine recommends preparing an effective drink.
- It is necessary to take a liter of hot water and dissolve in it 50 g of liquid honey.
- Take a glass 3-4 times a day.
Treatment of poliomyelitis with propolis
Such a beekeeping product as propolis is an antibacterial agent. From it you can make a tincture.
- It is necessary to crush propolis to make a dessert spoon, and pour it ½ cup of hot water.
- To stand on a water bath for two hours, then filter with cotton or gauze.
- Take a tablespoon three times daily before meals.
Treatment of poliomyelitis with herbs
Herbalism has always been considered an effective way to combat intestinal infections. As a rule, minced raw materials( 1 tablespoon) are poured with a glass of boiling water, insist and filter.
In order to improve the condition with poliomyelitis, it is recommended to use decoctions of herbs such as St. John's wort, yarrow, nettle, mint, etc. Before using traditional recipes, it is strongly recommended that you consult with a specialist.
Prevention and useful advice on how to protect yourself from poliomyelitis ^
Whenever the first symptoms of poliomyelitis occur, you should always consult a doctor who diagnoses the disease and prescribes competent therapy. To prevent the disease, the vaccination procedure is carried out.
It is important to remember that the vaccine is completely safe for life and health, but has contraindications, which include:
- elevated body temperature;
- immunosuppression and immunodeficiency;
- is an allergy to streptomycin.
To prevent the disease, you should follow the simplest rules:
- drink only boiled water;
- in time to do vaccinations;
- thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits;
- observe the rules of hygiene;
- should be under the supervision of a doctor after vaccination.