Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies
May 27, 2018
Currently, due to urbanizationpopulation and the conduct of a sedentary lifestyle, a huge number of people suffer from osteochondrosis.
This dangerous disease can not only cause discomfort during movement, but even lead to disability.
What is osteochondrosis of the spine: symptoms, causes, types ^
Osteochondrosis of the spine is a violation of nutrition in the cartilaginous tissue, during which defects of the intervertebral discs appear, their flexibility and mobility decrease.
The main cause of the disease is an incorrect load on the spine. Other factors that contribute to the development of the disease include:
- Age. Most manifestations of the disease begin after 35 years. Though nowadays cases of an osteochondrosis meet and at young men.
- Curvature of the spine, incorrect posture.
- Activities that involve constant lifting of weights, sudden movements, etc.
- Prolonged finding in an uncomfortable position, for example, constant work at the computer.
- Excessive load on the locomotor system due to flat feet.
- Sharp termination of physical activity.
- Disturbance of metabolic processes and excess weight.
- Unbalanced diet, insufficient amount of liquid and nutrients consumed.
- Getting injured.
- Wearing heavy bags only on one shoulder, sleeping on soft cushions, uncomfortable shoes.
- Regular stress.
- Overload of the spine during pregnancy.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis fully depend on the type of disease:
- Cervical osteochondrosis is the most common and dangerous form of the disease, which can cause oxygen starvation of the brain. With this form of illness, the sensitivity of the muscles and skin of the hands, neck, and pain is disturbed. There is a severe headache, and with sudden movements of the head, hearing, sight, hearing in the ears become worse.
- Thoracic osteochondrosis. Characterized by the appearance of pain in the back and area of the scapula during inspiration / expiration, pressing the vertebrae.
- Lumbar. There is severe pain in the lower back, giving up in the leg and increasing with sharp movements. Can legless legs. In women, the menstrual cycle breaks down.
- Shoulder osteochondrosis. Unexpected appearance of pain in the shoulder joint, giving to the neck, arm, deaf crunch and limitation of mobility of the shoulder.
Untimely treatment of osteochondrosis can cause a number of serious complications, which include:
- sciatica inflammation;
- severe pain and numbness in the legs;
- intercostal neuralgia;
- bulging of the disc beyond the contour of the vertebra.
Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies: home remedies ^
If you understand, you can understand that the treatment of osteochondrosis in the home is based primarily on heating the spine. However, it is worth remembering that it is not recommended to conduct any medical procedures without first consulting a specialist.
To achieve a positive result and significantly accelerate the recovery process, it is important to competently combine traditional and folk methods of treatment of osteochondrosis.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
To defeat the disease, you can prepare a wonderful warming agent:
- It is necessary to squeeze out the juice from the leaves of aloe, to get 50 ml, add 100 g of honey and 2/3 cup of vodka.
- All components are mixed and infused for 12 hours.
- Twice a day you need to put compresses, moisten the cloth in the medicine, putting it on your neck and wrapping it in a warm kerchief.
- Keep until the cloth dries.
- The course of treatment should be continued until the gristle is over.
Treatment of chest osteochondrosis
- In equal proportions you need to take birch buds, mint, dandelion root and coriander fruits.
- Shred the ingredients and mix three tablespoons of herbal tea.
- Raw material pour half a glass of hot water, boil for 5 minutes, add a decoction of butter( 75 g) and keep on low heat for another 20 minutes.
- The resulting product is filtered through gauze and used for rubbing.
- It is advisable to do rubbing at night and wrap a sore spot with a woolen shawl.
- In the morning, the skin can be washed with warm water.
Perform the procedure daily for 30 days.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis
Horseradish can significantly reduce pain and accelerate recovery in lumbar osteochondrosis.
- It is recommended to leave the leaves with boiling water and attach to the shoulder.
- Secure them with a warm scarf.
- It is advisable to put a compress before going to bed and keep all night.
- Number of procedures 5-10.If necessary, the course can be repeated once in three months.
Treatment of shoulder osteochondrosis
To reduce pain in the shoulder joint, it will perfectly help the celery.
- It is necessary to grind 50 g of celery root and brew it with a liter of hot water.
- Insist for 10 hours and filter through a sieve.
- Take a tablespoon of the drug three times a day.
- The course of therapy - 30 days. After a 2-week break, the tincture can be repeated.
Treatment of osteochondrosis by banks
- Before carrying out the procedure of can massage, you must carefully lubricate your back with petroleum jelly.
- Stepping back 5 cm from the spine, you need to put 8-10 hot jars.
- For heating, it is necessary to set fire to a piece of cotton wool soaked in alcohol, and place it for a couple of seconds in a jar.
- The duration of the procedure is 25 minutes. After you need to carefully remove the jars.
In pharmacies you can buy cans of silicone that do not need to be heated. It is recommended to carry out heating by banks daily for 10 days.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with bay leaf
The essential substances that are contained in the laurel leaf easily penetrate the skin and improve metabolic processes.
- For preparation of medicinal tinctures it is necessary to pour 17 small bay leaves 0.5 liters of vodka.
- Place the mixture in a dark glass bottle and insist for three days. It is advisable to shake the medicine several times a day.
- It is recommended to rub the sore spot with liquid, wrap it with a film and tie it with a warm kerchief.
- Keep the compress all night.
- The procedure should be performed daily for 30 days.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with salt
- It is recommended to take a kilogram of salt, preferably a coarse grinding, add 3 tablespoons mustard powder and half a glass of water.
- Mix the mixture on a low heat, heat up to 50 degrees.
- Warm gruel to put on a sore spot, fix with polyethylene and tie with a woolen shawl.
- Keep compress until salt cools.
- Then you need to remove the compress, wipe the skin with a damp towel and be in a lying position under a warm blanket for another 2 hours.
- The procedure should be carried out daily for 5 days.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with rice
Rice perfectly cleanses the body and improves metabolism, so it is successfully used in folk medicine for the treatment of diseases of the spine and joints.
- It is necessary to wash two tablespoons of round rice, pour boiled water( 1/2 cup) overnight.
- In the morning, rice will be ready for consumption. You need to eat a serving of rice without oil and salt, the next 4 hours you do not need to drink water and eat any food.
- The duration of the rice cleansing course is 2 months.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with leeches
Leeches help get rid of osteochondrosis and significantly improve the patient's condition. Course hirudotherapy( treatment with leeches) - 7-10 sessions.
- Several leeches are placed on the affected area.
- Approximately 30 minutes they suck, then they are removed.
- Repeat procedures are necessary at intervals of 5 days.
Hirudotherapy improves blood circulation, removes lactic acid and decay products from the site of inflammation, resulting in intervertebral disc tissues restoring their functions. However, the use of this method is possible only after consulting a specialist.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with herbs
Herbalism at all times was considered very effective. You can defeat osteochondrosis using a decoction of St. John's wort, burdock and dandelion root. All ingredients are taken in equal quantities.
- A tablespoon of the collection should be poured a glass of boiling water, insist for 5 minutes.
- A filtered fluid should be applied twice a day to the affected area.
- Hold for 10-15 minutes.
- Carry out the procedure within 30 days.
Prevention and useful advice how to avoid osteochondrosis of the spine ^
Proper nutrition is perhaps the most important condition for a successful recovery. Diet for osteochondrosis involves limiting the use of salt and sugar. It is necessary to exclude from the menu coffee, fatty, fried, spicy and smoked food, alcoholic beverages.
The diet of the patient with osteochondrosis should be based on the preferential use of the following products useful for joints and spine:
- of fresh vegetables, fruits, berries and greens;
- olive oil;
- of dairy products;
- low-fat meat;
- protein products;
- food containing vitamins A, B, C, D, calcium, phosphorus, manganese and the like.
It is advisable to drink a sufficient amount of liquid, that is, 1.5 liters of clean water a day.
To prevent the development of osteochondrosis, you need to pay attention to measures to prevent it. It is enough to follow simple recommendations:
- to control weight, so that the load on the spine does not increase;
- visit fables, regularly engage in exercise therapy and do self-massage;
- follow the posture, do not slouch;
- protect your back, avoid overcooling, sudden movements;
- eat right and lead an active lifestyle;
- to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol.