Treatment of gums folk remedies
May 24, 2018
A careless attitude to the mouth often leads to such rather unpleasant and painful consequences as gum disease.
In this case, it is necessary to start treatment in a timely manner, preferably with the help of proven and affordable folk remedies, the effectiveness of which has been known for many years.
Gum disease: causes, symptoms, types ^
Gum disease is the damage to the tissues of the gums and bone tissue surrounding the tooth.
The main symptoms of this pathology are redness, swelling or swelling of the gums, their bleeding, soreness and bad breath.
The causes of gum disease are:
- Insufficient or irregular oral hygiene;
- Lack of micronutrients and vitamins;
- Mechanical injuries in the oral cavity;
- Hormonal changes.
Diseases of the gums are classified into the following types - periodontitis, periodontitis, inflammation( gingivitis), bleeding, recession or omission, cyst and fistula.
Folk treatment offers a wide range of popular home remedies, herbs and extracts used as applications, infusions, compresses, decoctions, oral baths and rinses. Healing properties include the following antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic folk remedies for gums:
- Medicinal herbs - calendula, oak bark, thyme, chamomile, birch buds, sage, St. John's wort, string and others;
- Propolis, honey, mummy, salt or edible salt;
- Indoor medicinal plants - aloe, golden mustache, Kalanchoe;
- Juice cranberries, red mountain ash.
- Birch tar;
- Oils - tea tree, sea buckthorn, cumin.
Treatment of gums in children
For gum disease in childhood, it is advisable to go to a dental clinic for the necessary procedures and advice on treatment. The main therapy in this case consists of pharmacy products of local treatment, aimed at antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Treatment of gum diseases with home remedies is no less effective and helps to quickly remove early inflammatory processes. To do this, most often used herbal decoctions( bark of oak, chamomile, etc.) for rinsing the mouth area.
Treatment of gums in pregnant women
During pregnancy, a woman's body undergoes a violation of calcium metabolism, reduced immunity and other unpleasant phenomena. Hormonal changes can adversely affect gum tissue in a future mother, causing various diseases.
If the first signs of inflammation are found, immediately consult a dentist for appropriate treatment.
Excellent additional help with this can provide home gum treatment, which helps to prevent a beginner disease safely and effectively.
Treatment of gums at home: folk recipes ^
Painful gum: treatment with
- 4 tbsp.put chamomile in a glass, pour it with boiling water, insist an hour. The resulting infusion rinse your mouth every 2 hours.
- From the Kalanchoe squeeze the juice and rub it into the sore morning and evening. In addition, during the day, moisten cotton wool in the juice of lingonberry and attach to the affected areas for several minutes.
Treatment of bleeding gums
- 3 g.mummy drug( not in tablets) diluted in 100 ml of boiled warm water, after which the resulting solution should rinse the mouth area twice a day( morning, before going to bed).
- The course of treatment - 2-3 weeks.
Treatment of gingival inflammation
- Close the aloe vera leaf, rinse it, grind it, place in a cup, pour boiling water and add dessert spoon of sea salt.
- This mixture must be infused for several hours, then strain and rinse the mouth area twice daily.
Fistula treatment on the gum
- Fistula is successfully treated with rinsing procedures with the following decoctions:
- Mix one part of St. John's wort, oak bark, yarrow, pour a liter of boiling water in a volume of 5 tablespoons, then insist for two hours;
- Add ½ tsp to a glass of water.soda, 1/3 tspsalt and ½ cup of sage infusion.
Treatment of recession of gums
- Eucalyptus essential oil is diluted in water( 5 drops per glass) and rinsed several times a day.
- Marlechka moisten in sea buckthorn oil, attach to the affected area for 15 minutes.
Treatment of the descent of the gum
- From the mug, squeeze the juice, dilute it with water( 1/5) and rinse the mouth area three times during the day.
- Wash aloe vera leaf, cut along along, remove the edges, then attach to the gum.
Treatment of cysts on the gums
- Essential oils of almonds and peppermint dilute in warm water( 5 drops per glass), then rinse the resulting solution with the mouth for 2 minutes.
- Sesame oil with a teaspoon put into the mouth and hold for several minutes.
Gums leave the teeth: treatment
- 40 gr. Propolis to grind, pour 100 ml of pure medical alcohol and infuse for 10 days.
- Spirituous propolis tincture diluted with a liter of water, then use it as applications and rinsing.
Treatment of gums after tooth extraction
- Mix two tablespoons.thyme with three tablespoonsoak bark, then put them in a saucepan, pour a liter of water, boil for 15 minutes and let it brew.
- After cooking the broth, it must be filtered and used as a regular rinse in the first three days after tooth extraction.
Treatment of gums with hydrogen peroxide
- Dilute the hydroperitic tablet in 100 ml of warm water and rinse the mouth with the resulting solution up to four times a day.
- Moisten cotton wool in 3% hydrogen peroxide, then rub it with inflamed areas.
Prevention and useful advice on how to prevent gum disease ^
In order to ensure the health of gums and avoid their possible diseases, you must strictly adhere to the following preventive measures:
- Proper oral care - brushing your teeth twice a day, using dental floss, rinsingdecontaminating antibacterial solutions and lubrication of the oral cavity with therapeutic ointments as additional prophylaxis;
- Restriction of nicotine and alcohol;
- The intake of vitamins and minerals;
- Timely removal of calculus.