Treatment of gout with folk remedies
May 24, 2018
Incorrect metabolism or its violation in the body can trigger a gout disease.
Gout occurs with excessive consumption of food rich in substances such as purines, resulting in poorly soluble salts of uric acid, the so-called urates, accumulating in the human body.
If uric acid is formed too much or poorly by the kidneys due to its evacuation from the body, the crystals of the salt of uric acid gather in druses and settle in the joint cavity.
Causes and symptoms of gout ^
The presence of salts in the joints is an irritating factor, but their presence leads to the first bouts of the disease only with a combination of conditions for gout attacks, which include: excessive consumption of purine-containing foods and alcohol.
Under the influence of provoking factors connective tissues and the joint muscles become inflamed, there is a sharp pain - the so-called attack of gout.
The joints of the big toe are affected with the greatest frequency:
- The foot swells, increases in volume, the foot resembles a bear's paw.
- Reddening of the joint to a purple color is observed, its sensitivity sharply increases, the touch brings unbearable pain.
- Gout attacks last up to 4 days, then pass. Relapse occurs with a break of approximately one to eight months. Then the seizures are repeated more often, the pain turns into a chronic one.
- Joints gradually lose their mobility, the joints and cartilage of the joint are destroyed, sodium salts are deposited in the cavities of the adjacent bones.
Urates in the form of crystals are deposited subcutaneously in various parts of the body, forming nodes filled with whitish mass - tofusi. The deposition of urate sodium provokes inflammatory processes in the knee and elbow joints - bursitis. The initiated process of gout flow leads to urolithiasis - the deposition of urate in the kidneys and inflammation of the kidneys - pyelonephritis.
Effective treatment of gout at home: folk recipes ^
To alleviate the suffering of patients, folk gout treatment has a fairly wide range of tools. When treating gout with home remedies, external ointments, compresses and mashing are widely used. Treatment of gout at home is quite successful with prolonged and persistent use of folk remedies.
Treatment of hand gout
Treatment of gout on the hands with fresh fat:
- Unsalted fresh fat is cut into small plates according to the number of sick fingers on the arm.
- Each piece must be rubbed into the diseased joint until the plate is completely thinned.
- The used fat is discarded. If the pain does not pass, then the pieces are bandaged to the joints for the night.
Treatment of gout with aloe vera juice:
- 50g of aloe vera juice is mixed with 150g of tincture of Indian onion, add 100g of honey.
- Rub very painfully into the affected joint - you can get irritation of sensitive skin.
Treatment of knee arthritis
- 500 grams of iodized salt is poured with water until the coating is boiled until the liquid evaporates completely.
- In a warm pickle add 200g of Vaseline or melted chicken fat.
- The resulting ointment is applied to a fabric made of natural wool and compresses the knee joint for the night.
- For more effective treatment, simultaneously take 200 ml in the morning and evening of decoction of linden flowers for the reception.
Treatment of gout on the legs
- Polkuska household soap grate on a large grater, dissolve in 2 liters of water with a temperature of 40 degrees, fill up the salt in half the pack.
- To dissolve feet in solution for 30 minutes.
- Do not let the solution cool down by pouring warm water.
Treatment of foot gout
- 2kg of sea fish is separated from the spinal bone.
- Fish meat is divided into 10 portions, each part is packed in polyethylene and placed in a freezer.
- Each evening to unfreeze, apply in a plastic bag to a painful place on the foot, put on warm socks for the night.
- The next morning the fish should be discarded, feet washed and greased with any foot cream. Treatment for 10 days.
Treatment of iodine gout
- 5 tablets of aspirin dissolved in 10 ml of iodine tincture.
- If you lose the color of the solution, you can smear the affected joints.
- The procedure is carried out at night. Wearing warm gloves and socks is mandatory.
Treatment of gout with soda
- Baking soda( 3 teaspoons) and 9 drops of iodine tincture is poured with 3 liters of warm water - this is the composition of the foot bath. Take a bath for 15 minutes every night for 10 days.
- A mixture is made of baking soda, mustard powder and bee honey - each ingredient is a teaspoonful. On the previously melted joints, the mixture is applied overnight, covered with a plastic wrap and wrapped with a strengthening bandage. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Treatment of gout with apple bite
- Stir in a glass of clean water for 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Take three times a day for half an hour before meals.
- The course of treatment lasts a month. After a break of 20 days, the intake of apple cider vinegar and honey is repeated.
Treatment of gout with medicinal herbs
- Take a fresh teaspoon of nettle juice over a teaspoon during the day 3 times;
- 20g of cranberry leaf is brewed with a glass of boiling water. Take at least 4 servings per day.
- Herbal baths of medicinal herbs have an effective effect on the course of the disease: 300 grams of chamomile, pour 5 liters of boiling water, insist for 2 hours. Pour into the bath water after percolation.
- One course of treatment from 3 procedures will help;others need from 20 to 40 - all depends on the severity of the course of the disease.
Treatment of gout with bees( apitherapy)
Home treatment for gout involves treatment with beekeeping products and apitherapy.
- A glass of dry dead bees pour a liter of vodka, keep in the dark for 2 weeks. Use infusion for rubbing the sick joints after percolation.
- Impregnated with bee infusion( see the recipe above), a linen cloth is applied to pre-greased joints with oil or grease, covered with cellophane and wrapped on top with a warm bandage.
Treatment of gout with propolis
- 100g of propolis pour 100 g of vegetable oil, warm in a water bath for half an hour, until propolis dissolves completely. After cooling, use to rub the joints.
Prevention and helpful advice on how to relieve arthritic pain ^
The doctor usually prescribes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs( diclofenac, ibuprofen, movalis, etc.) to relieve acute gout attacks. Nimesid will help to reduce pain. As for the treatment process in general, the treatment of gout with a diet gives good results in the first place;second, it is mandatory to take medications to remove purines from the body - purinol, allopurinol.
For gouty attacks, rest and rest should be given to the joints. Medicines prescribed by the doctor, the disease does not cure, only relieve inflammation and reduce pain, so you should follow the doctor's recommendations for taking medications to reduce the level of uric acid in the body. To reduce pain, you can attach a packet of ice to the sore spot for 10 minutes
When exacerbating the disease, it is important to follow a special diet, excluding from the diet: offal, fish fatty varieties, canned meat, rich broths, red meat, smoked products, hot sauces, legumes.
Tomato, spinach, sorrel are contraindicated from vegetables;under strict prohibition is alcohol in the form of beer, cognac, champagne, red wines. All patients with gout are recommended to unloading days. Fasting is prohibited.
It is recommended to drink more than usual pure water or alkaline mineral water, green tea. Products allowed for gout: bread and bakery products of yesterday's baking, milk and lactic products, cottage cheese, hard cheese, white poultry, fish of low-fat varieties, vegetables in any form( except salted and marinated), fruits, eggs( 1 pc inday), drinks( except aerated), not strong tea and coffee.
Prevention of gout:
- It is necessary to monitor the quality and comfort of shoes;
- Eliminate possible injuries and joint damage;
- Monitor the level of uric acid in the blood;
- Observe the culture of nutrition;
- Do not allow the formation of excess weight.